2. Your Consent
We will collect, use, or disclose your PII only with your knowledge and consent, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Policy. When you choose to provide us with your PII, you consent to the use of your PII as identified in this Policy, as may be updated from time to time, and as may be further identified at the time of collection of your PII. You may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure of your PII, and we will accommodate such request subject to any legal and contractual restrictions, including the TOS. Our compliance with such requests may impact our ability to continue to make the Service available to you.
3. Information We Collect
As outlined in this Section 3, we collect two types of information from Users through our website: (a) PII, and (b) non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”). The types of information we collect from you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us. For example, if you are a Member (as opposed to being a Visitor) it will be necessary for us to collect more information from your interaction with us, which includes PII and may include payment information. You may also choose not to provide us with your PII. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with access to the Service or furnish information that you are requesting; for example, we require your email address in order to verify your account and register you as a User. Additionally, please be aware that certain information may be collected automatically from you when you use our website and/or any of the Service.
3.1. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
PII is information which identifies you individually. We may collect PII such as:
• Your contact information. For example, your name, password, email address, physical address, phone number;
• Your personal preferences. For example, language preferences, marketing consent (i.e., to receive marketing communications from third-parties);
• Your third party account details such as your credential to log into any Third Party Services that may be integrated with our Service; and
• Your profile information. For example, your height, birth date, gender, income, marital status, photo appearing on or accessible through links you may input in your personal profile.
3.2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”)
Non-PII does not identify you as an individual. We may collect non-PII such as:
• Certain non-personal data when you visit our website, such as the type of operating system or browser you are using, the URL of sites from which you arrive or leave our website, your internet service provider, your mobile carrier;
• Your interactions, posts and contributions on the Service; or
• User information in a non-personal, aggregate format for statistical and research purposes. For example, we may summarize demographic data we gather to conclude that a certain percentage of Users are male, aged 31 to 49.
4. How We Collect Your Information
We may use a variety of methods to collect information from you, as described in this Section 4.
4.1. Our Website
When you use our website and/or our Service, it automatically collects the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or device, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the date and time you access our website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website, the operating system you are using, the internet browser you are using, the sections of the website you visit, the website pages read and images viewed, the content you post, access, download, delete or share from the website or attempted to access, download, delete or share. This information is used for website and system administration purposes, and to improve the Service. Additionally, we may collect information you input into and submit through data fields located on certain pages of our website requesting such information. For example, by registering for a for-fee service and providing your credit or debit card details to us through our website, you permit us to use your provided credit or debit card information to bill you for any goods and services you decide to purchase from us, including but not limited to User enrollment and upgrades.
Our website uses "cookies,” and analogous technology (such as those described below) which collect non-PII about your behavior in connection with access to or use of our website and Service. A “cookie” is a technology that installs a small amount of data on the hard drive of a website user's computer to allow the website to recognize future visits using that User’s computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of our Service. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous User, to offer personalized web page content and information for your use, and to otherwise facilitate your experience as a User. Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting However, you may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but please be aware that doing so may affect your use of our website and/or Service (such as logging in to your account) and your ability to access certain features of our website and/or Service or engage in transactions through our website and/or Service. We make no assurances that the Service is compatible with all browsers or compatible with browsers for which standard settings are modified.
4.3. Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
We may use “web beacons” or “pixel tags” to compile tracking information reports regarding our Users’ demographics, website traffic patterns, and website purchases. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is an electronic image, also called a "gif," that may be used on our webpages to deliver cookies, count visits and compile statistics on usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. After compiling these tracking information reports, we may then provide these reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in these reports can be connected to the identities or other PII of individual Users. For our own research purposes, however, we may link tracking information with PII voluntarily provided by Users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as PII and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy.
We may receive certain information via Third Party Services that are integrated with or available through our Service and for which you have signed up at the time of or during the course of using our Service. By choosing to use such Third Party Services as integrated with or available through our Service, you are consenting to that particular Third Party Service providing certain information to us solely for the purpose of your access to and use of our Service, and any other Third Party Services we make available to you in connection with our Service. For example, if you login with our Service utilizing your Facebook credentials, you are consenting to Facebook providing certain information to us for purposes of facilitating your login to the Service. This information will only be used for purposes of your access to and use of our Service and will not be sold or shared to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes. Information about your consent to permit certain integrated Third Party Services to share information with us solely for purposes of your access to and use of our Service is described in our TOS.
5. Third Party Services
As a convenience for our Users, our Service may be integrated with or include links to or widgets of other content, websites and services maintained by third parties as well as functionality supporting or facilitating access to such Third Party Services. When you engage a third party’s content, website or service which is integrated with, linked to, or made available through our Service, you are interacting with the third party and not with us. These Third Party Services are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Third Party Services, or any changes or updates to such Third Party Services maintained by the applicable third parties. Posting of a link to or integrating or supporting functionality that facilitates access to Third Party Services does not necessarily constitute an endorsement of that Third Party Service (or any of the products, services or other materials offered through such Third Party Service) by us, our affiliates or licensors, regardless of whether or not the link is associated with a third party advertisement carried by our Service. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third Party Services nor any data or information you may share with or via such Third Party Services, and make no warranties, express or implied, as to any Third Party Services or the products or services they provide. You also understand that your use of any Third Party Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every Third Party Service you visit. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions or privacy statements of certain Third Party Services then you should stop using such Third Party Services made available on or through our Service.
6. Using Your Personal Information
Pursuant to the terms of this Policy, we may use your PII for a variety of business purposes. For example, we may use your PII to:
• Create and display your online profile to other Users;
• Show other Users when you have vouched for them, connected to them, or liked content they contributed (unless you have selected anonymity settings);
• Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users either within or outside the Service or with Third Party Services;
• Provide User support to assist you with your questions and/or concerns, and/or any issues you may experience with the Service;
• Administer your account with us and customize the Service we provide to you and other Users (i.e., by tracking and analyzing your preferences);
• Advise you of changes to our Service, or new services that we may choose to implement;
• Send you promotional communications through emails and notices on our website (which preferences you may control by logging in to our website if you have a User account on our Service);
• Measure and improve the effectiveness of our website and/or Service, or our marketing endeavors through conducting surveys or requesting feedback;
• Improve the functionality of the Service and/or related user experience, develop and implement new Service features, and/or develop new products or services that are similar to the Service;
• Detect and protect against fraud and error;
• Notify you of the status of your account with us;
• Offer promotions to you about enrolling in or upgrading a User, inviting your colleagues or other new Users to join our Service, and more;
• Process payments for your User; and
• For other purposes as described in this Policy.
7. Disclosure and Sharing of Your Personal Information
Sometimes during the normal course of business (including without limitation for the purposes set forth in Section 6 above) we may share your PII with our subsidiaries, affiliates, vendors, licensors, subcontractors, suppliers, business partners, and other third parties acting on our behalf. If that is the case, we will ensure that your information continues to be used only in accordance with this Policy and your expressed communication preferences. We will not sell, license or share your PII to/with any other party(s) without your consent. For example, we may use third party service providers (for example, web hosting providers, data management providers and/or payment processers) to manage one or more aspects of our business operations, including the processing or handing of PII. When we do use an outside company, we use contractual or other appropriate means to ensure that your PII is used in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. However, please be aware that some of these operations may result in PII we collect being stored outside the U.S., and as a result, such PII may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities under the applicable laws of countries outside of the U.S. You understand that we may at any time share your non-PII with our affiliates, vendors, licensors, suppliers, business partners, and other third parties acting on our behalf, including but not limited to makers or licensors of the Third Party Services, or as permitted or required by Applicable Privacy Laws. In addition, if the ownership or control of all or part of our organization or our Service changes, you acknowledge that we may transfer your PII to the new owner.
8. Legal Disclosure and Compliance with Laws
We may disclose your PII and non-PII as permitted or required by law without your consent. For example, we may be compelled to release information by a court of law or other person or entity with jurisdiction to compel production of such information. Additionally, if we have reasonable grounds to believe information could be useful in the investigation of improper or unlawful activity, we may disclose information to law enforcement agencies or other appropriate investigative bodies without obtaining your consent before doing so. The Service is hosted and operated in the United States and is subject to United States law. While users from countries other than the United States may be able to access the Service, we make no representation that the Service is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. Our website and the Service is intended for use only in the United States, its territories and possessions; if you are outside the United States, we discourage you from using the Service.
9. Security of Your Information
When we handle your PII, we take steps to ensure that such information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and the inherent insecure nature of the Internet, among other factors beyond our control, may potentially compromise the security of your information at any given time. Therefore, we cannot make any guarantees or accept any liability with respect to the security of information that you post, share, receive or transmit through the website or the Service, which you do at your own risk.
10. Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If your PII changes in any way or you realize the PII you provided to us contains errors or is incomplete, we invite you to supplement, correct or update this information as soon as possible. You may request changes to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a current, active User (i.e., your account is not suspended, disabled, terminated or closed for a TOS violation or other reasons contemplated by the TOS), then you may also make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on our Service using your relevant email address and password at any time. If applicable, any corrections made to PII will be promptly sent to any organization to which it was disclosed. We will only retain your PII for as long as we need to for legitimate business purposes and for compliance with any legal requirements.
11. Opting Out
We may send you communications or data regarding our website and/or the Service we offer, including but not limited to (a) notices about your use of our website and/or Service (including any notices regarding violations of use), (b) updates, product enhancements and new features or programs, (c) promotional information and materials related to our website and/or Service, and (d) notices about interactions that you have or receive on Service. The promotional emails you will receive from us will include instructions that you may follow to opt-out, should you no longer wish to continue receiving those emails from us. If, however, you are a current, active User of the Service, you may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by logging into your account and changing your email Communication Preferences in Settings. Please note, however, that opt-out requests will not apply to any transactional service messages such as receipts for payment authorizations, security alerts and important notices about your account and Service.
12. Children and Minors
Our Service is not intended for persons under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit PII from persons under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with any PII, you may contact us at email@example.com, and we will endeavor to promptly delete such information from our files and records. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE OR REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT THE SERVICE.
13. Feedback. You understand and agree that whether you are a Visitor or User of our website or the Service that any and all feedback that you may provide to us regarding our website, the Service, any content, features, functionality (including but not limited to any beta functionality) or other aspects of any part of our website or the Service will become the sole and exclusive property of LawDesk360, its organizational owner, and its successors and assigns, once you share it with us and we are free to (but have no obligation to) use, develop against and execute upon all or any portion of such feedback from you, without acknowledgment, remuneration or credit to you or your employer. You warrant and represent that: (a) any feedback you provide to us is provided voluntarily by you without any offer from us or expectation of any offer or benefit from us, (b) any feedback you provide to us is wholly original and is not the property of your employer or any third party, (c) you have the right to provide such feedback and your doing so does not breach any other contract or obligation to which you are a party or by which you may be bound, including, without limitation, any non-disclosure obligations or employment agreements to which you may be a party, and (d) we are free to use any and all such feedback that you may provide as contemplated in the Terms and in this Policy,
14. Policy Updates
We may update or change this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion. We will notify you of such changes by posting the updated Policy on our website and revising the date set forth in Section 16 (Policy Updates and Effective Date). Any changes to the Policy will be effective upon posting of the revised Policy, and your continued access to or use of any portion of our website or the Service following posting of this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such changes. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you access or use our website and/or Service to understand how your PII is being used. Please remember that if you object to any of the changes to our Policy terms or you no longer wish to use our website or any of the Service, you may choose not to access our website and/or Service or, subject to our TOS, request to close your User account, if any, and discontinue any and all use of or access to our website and Service.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or any compliance issues relating to this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. Policy Updates and Effective Date
This Policy was last revised and updated as of February 8, 2019.